Established: After 1934
Alternate Names: Jewish Alliance Cemetery, Jewish Peoples Fraternal Cemetery
Location:On south side of Swartz Road, east of junction with Glenmount Ave. (3rd cemetery in a row when heading east on Swartz Rd)
History:This cemetery was established by the International Workers Order (IWO), a Communist affiliated off-shoot of the Workmen’s Circle fraternal organization. Established locally in 1934, the group’s membership may have reached a high of 80 members before its decline and eventual disappearance in the mid-1970’s. At that time, the remains buried here were removed and reburied in other local Jewish cemeteries.
Readings: Information published in Lest We Forget, 2007